Saturday, March 7, 2009

Day 230

When I was younger and we would take vacations to Chicago, we would often stay at a hotel called the Ambassador East. It is a National Historic Landmark in the Gold Coast part of Chicago, which is absolutely beautiful. Trees and mansions everywhere, just blocks from the lake, but somewhat tucked away from the hustle and bustle of downtown. When Kyle met his friend Evan through law school, I was ecstatic to learn Evan's fiance, Tiffany, works for the Ambassador East, and she was more than willing to let us take advantage of her employee discount! Score!

Through Tiff's awesome generosity, we were able to get cheap hotel rooms for several friends throughout the past year and a half. Sadly, we learned last week that she was quitting her job there, so I knew Kyle and I had to take immediate advantage and stay there just one night before the discount was up!

So tonight was the night for the Van Gaffaney Chicago "Staycation," if you will. The hotel was awesome (as always) and Kyle even let me buy the $7 jar of gummi bears sitting in the mini-bar (HEY, the jar was BEAR-SHAPED. It was too cute to pass up!).

Here's me posing happily with my new purchase. Sorry for the crappy quality, my camera had died so we were limited to cell phone pictures.

No comments: