Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Day 115

A third uneventful day will lead me to discuss my second geeky addiction, Tetris. This addiction dates back to the early 90s when I got my first Game Boy. Eventually I grew out of this phase, but the addiction made a big comeback in college when a friend installed Tetris on my laptop. Of course, I grew out of that phase as well (or my laptop died, I can't remember), but fast forward to 2008 when Kyle downloaded Tetris to my new phone. Let's just say I can go scarily long periods of time without blinking and I am pretty convinced I will never beat my high score of 92,030 (or second-highest at 72,950, but I almost beat my third-highest of 66,850 today).

Concerned about this addiction, I did do a little research and found out Tetris can actually be quite healthy! According to intensive research from Dr. Michael Crane and Dr. Richard Haier, prolonged Tetris activity can also lead to more efficient brain activity, so that's awesome. However, it has it's downsides, like seeing Tetris blocks while daydreaming (see: The Tetris Effect). But damn it, I want to beat my high score!

1 comment:

Sarah Zielie said...

My name is Sarah, and I'm also a Tetris Addict.