Monday, November 3, 2008

Day 106

I am totally and completely torn. Kyle got tickets to the Obama rally for tomorrow night. My first reaction was, "Yeah! It's HISTORY. I would really like to go!," but the more I think about it the more I really hate the idea of going. First of all, I'm not even a big fan of Obama. I'm not going to go into my reasons because I'm sure you could care less, but I would feel like a hypocrite being there. Secondly, I don't deal well with crowds. This event will hold 70,000 people, not to mention the people without tickets swarming the city. This, to me, sounds like a freaking nightmare.

So do I fight the million-person crowd to downtown and perhaps get a glimpse of our future President while being surrounded by potentially insane Obama fanatics, or do I sit home in my comfy pajamas and watch the entire event unfold on the boring old television? You can call me Undecided.

3 comments:

Sara said...

I would be torn too. The history teacher in me would of course snatch up the opportunity for the rally no matter what I felt politically. However, I do understand how insane it is going to be. Can you watch from your window? :)
Both Obama and McCain came to LaX during this election, but of course I was working. :(

Katie said...

Unfortunately we live about 9 miles from downtown, so I won't see anything from my window. Except maybe a squirrel or two.

STILL I'm torn! It's not that I hate Obama, I'm just not gung-ho on him like it seems most people here are. Most likely I'm going to pass and stay home, but I'll feel a little left out. Oh well.

Unknown said...

It definitely would have been neat to see, but there's no way in hell I'd go with that many people.