Friday, May 15, 2009

Day 299

Summer is upon us in Chicago which can only mean one thing: horrible, horrible traffic.

My commute home each night has become absolutely insane lately and I am going CRAZY. I come home crabby and annoyed and that's just no good. Obviously I'm ready to start taking the train again, but this simple stress-relieving solution is causing one giant dilemma.

When taking the train last year, I would walk to the train, then walk home from the train, while leaving my car up in the suburbs, and all was swell. This year, however, I have a gym membership to contend with. I always drive to the gym because it's almost two miles away, but if my car is being parked up in the suburbs overnight, I will not have a car to drive to the gym each night. I could walk from the train station, to the gym, then to home, but that's almost 4 miles of walking, not including the 3+ miles I do on the treadmill or elliptical at the gym. So, that would be crazy, right?

Whatever, I really still have no idea what I should do, but I'm definitely considering giving up my gym membership for the summer. I would really hate to do this, but I just can't see putting up with this crazy route several times a week. It would definitely deter me from even thinking about going to the gym. ADVICE?!?! (And I know some of you will probably suggest riding a bike instead of walking, but I'm scared to death of biking in the city. Drivers are not to be trusted!).

1 comment:

Sarah Zielie said...

Dude. BIKE to the gym!