Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Day 185

Since I've stopped taking the train (only temporarily!) to and from work, I've also stopped reading. That's sad. So I'm trying to read again and today I started a book I've wanted to read for years, The Greatest Generation. Just a few pages into it and already it makes me miss my Grandpa. Fortunately I did get to ask him a lot about his war experience when he was alive, but I'd give anything to talk to him about it again. That generation (our grandparents, great-grandparents, great aunts and uncles) was truly amazing. Nothing like our own, unfortunately.

2 comments:

Sara said...

I couldn't agree with you more. We were lucky to have taped my grandpa talking about his war experience, but it never seems like enough.

Ashley said...

Let me know if it's a good book. I've thought about reading it but also thought it might get boring and dry...